Hi!

Now during few days I have noticed that calling cq with FT4 causes PTT to stay
on during RX period. Nearly to end of it. Then small RX gap and TX starts again
to next TX period (at proper time).
This happens at random times after started CQ calling.

When this starts to happen it may also cause error that rig is not responding.
But not always. On other times it may just blink once the "green dot" besides
band selector to yellow and back to green.

After some time of calling cq with these problems TX enable drops away, no
errors, and no receiving any more. Waterfall stays blank while stations can be
heard from speaker I.E. there is traffic.

Stopping and starting WSJTx does not help for long. If PTT problem has happened
it soon continues after program restart. Rebooting PC helps and gives longer
time until the PTT again stays on.

This does not happen with FT8.

It is a random problem, and so hard to reproduce but has happened now daily
when I have started to use FT4 again with these versions of WSJTX and Hamlib.

I may also be a rigctld problem, it is not the very latest from Git.
Anyway it causes WSJTX to be unstable.

Anybody seen this kind of problem with FT4 and 2.5.0rc5 ?

Setup:

Fedora 34
Self compiled WSJTX 2.5.0rc5 using Hamlib 4.3~git ti elo(Aug) 03
05:04:13 2021 +0000 SHA=f29ee3 source

IC7300 / USB baud rate Auto (19200 in rigctld settings) /Link to [remote] /CI-V
tranceive off rigctld   -m 3073 -r /dev/icom7300 -t 4532 -s 19200 -C
auto_power_on=0

rigctld started from script with IC7300 settings, WSJTX uses Net Hamlib rigctld
@ localhost:4532

Terve Saku,
Have you ever experienced RFI? Those symptoms do fit to that. Easiest quick
check is to reduce output power and see, if any change. Experts may find
another reason or reasons.
73, Reino OH3mA