Il 19/02/22 18:08, Jim Brown via wsjt-devel ha scritto:
On 2/19/2022 4:45 AM, Marco Calistri via wsjt-devel wrote:
Very interesting! I was not aware of the MSHV software, IMHO it's not a good behavior to use "not standard" software expecting same results as it should work as per the  "standard way".

Fox/Hound mode is NOT a "standard way," it is a very special system for DXpeditions developed by the WSJT team, and implemented ONLY in WSJT-X.

There are (at least) two other FT8 implementations, both from EU hams, JTDX and MSHV. Each has pluses and minuses. Many of us use JTDX for FT8, because it decodes more weak signals than the other two, but it doesn't do MS, Q65, FST4, or contest mode, so I use WSJT-X for those. MSHV decoding is comparable to WSJT-X, it does multi-stream, but without fox/hound frequency switching of the hound.

I also like the faster "turn-around" after a QSO with JTDX that allows me to call CQ or answer/call another station. It works that way because it considers my mouse click to log the QSO as human intervention, and defaults to calling CQ after receiving RRR or RR73 if those are not repeated.

73, Jim K9YC

Hu Jim,

Good to know! I use only WSJT-X than I was not aware of the working differences among the other derivates.

---
73 de Marco, PY1ZRJ (former IK5BCU)