Amazing explanation of an "historical" and already well identified issue Grant!

Most likely I did read that post when Bill wrote it, but as you know things are differently digested when they affect you directly.

Regarding the "Fox file" you are right! I had found it but it contains some text may be I produced myself when I tried to be the Fox(?).
I think it is there just for the Fox usage and not for the Hounds.

-----------------FoxQSO.txt------------------------------
2021-09-24 21:01:50  0.000  0  0  0 NSlots 5
2021-09-24 21:01:50  0.000  0  0  0 Max_dB 70
2021-09-24 21:04:30  0.000  0  0  0 NSlots 5
2021-09-24 21:04:30  0.000  0  0  0 Max_dB 70
2021-09-25 14:00:09  0.000  0  0  0 NSlots 5
2021-09-25 14:00:09  0.000  0  0  0 Max_dB 70
2021-09-26 14:02:01  0.000  0  0  0 NSlots 5
2021-09-26 14:02:01  0.000  0  0  0 Max_dB 70
---

The searched strings (ZV8L, 3X2021) have been collected regularly into ALL.TXT, it was just a little mistake on the command issued to extract them.

---
73 de Marco, PY1ZRJ (former IK5BCU)