The problem with that approach combining RR(received report) and 73 is 'did the other station know that you received their report' ?

The return 73 says they did.

Hams have to do what the software dictates in it's design to get a qso logged.

Maybe take out the RR73 option so at one side has to send a 73 after both reports are sent and hence confirmed.

As I said, i see a lot of this issue on eqsl, but will not lose any sleep over it.

It is a suggestion for above reasons.

When you move up from a toyset; 7300/811 to a FTDX101MP/SPE you work many more stations.

I am on nearly 24/7.

vk4tux