Laurie,
Yes, I use JTAlert, but not for logging. The logging data are sent directly
from WSJT-X to HRD Logbook, which apparently does the same alpha character
stripping as JTAlert. On the next session start, I let JTAlert scan the
database, to have the alerts working properly.

(Outside Roman's subject:
Generally, I let the various applications (JTAlert, GridTracker, etc.)
receive their input data from the one and only original source, i.e.
WSJT-X. I am aware of the automation opportunities in JTAlert and
GridTracker and that many users let data go from one application to the
next (including their logbooks), and then to upload to eQSL, QRZ.com
Logbook and other web databases. My hard earned experience is that letting
data pass  through several "processing plants" on the way to my logbook,
introduces multiple sources of process errors. So, having spent countless
hours tracing and understanding errors, I like to keep things as simple,
understandable and controllable as possible. Uploads to QSO/QSL databases
on the Internet (LoTW, eQSL, etc) I always do manually, as I work from
various IOTA and non-IOTA locators with two call signs (standard and
contest). I upload standard QSOs during or after the operating session,
whilst contest QSOs have to wait past the log submission deadline, except
for LoTW, which is a double blind matching database. With HRD Logbook
uploads are simple and fast (seconds), and I have full control of the data
I upload.)

73,  Frode LA6VQ

tor. 20. okt. 2022 kl. 00:25 skrev Laurie, VK3AMA via wsjt-devel <