Not true -- you only decode what's in the waterfall.
Mike W9MDB

    On Wednesday, April 5, 2023 at 11:41:35 AM CDT, k2txb--- via wsjt-devel
<wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

 Dwane, I am almost certain that your assumption in incorrect.  For WSJT in
general, it does not matter what the settings for the waterfall display are set
to.  They have nothing to do with decoding, they provide only visual signal
recognition.  So, if there is a decodable signal above the 1500 Hz it will
still decode.  It is much more important to make sure his receiver bandwidth is
wide enough to pass the signal at that frequency.

73, Russ K2TXB

-----Original Message-----
From: Dwayne Sinclair via wsjt-devel <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 5, 2023 11:35 AM
To: WSJT software development <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: Dwayne Sinclair <dwayne_sincl...@me.com>
Subject: [wsjt-devel] Truncated Waterfall Display "Feature"

Last night, I met an operator who was struggling with EME on 23CM after
abandoning EME on the 70CM band. As soon as he started up WSJT-X, I noted his
waterfall display was set to Bins/Pixel 2 instead of 5/6 and less than 1500Hz
was displayed on the screen. All decodes 1500Hz and up were not decoded. I am
pretty sure this was the cause of his issues on 70CM together with his current
issues on 23CM and the “lack of decodes” as he complained.

I have to ask - Can we fix this so that irrespective of what the Waterfall
window displays, decodes will still occur for the full 3KHz or whatever value
is specified in advanced options.

73 Dwayne AB6A