Hi guys,

Just for your information, I have implemented Run/Debug for Protractor
inside AngularJS Eclipse 1.2.0.

​

See at https://github.com/angelozerr/angularjs-eclipse/wiki/Protractor

The basic idea is that you can select a JavaScript file and do Run/Debug
Protractor which creates a Protractor launch. This launch starts Protractor
with "Tern Debugger" which uses an other launch configuration type which
starts node:

 *
org.eclipse.core.externaltools.internal.launchConfigurations.ProgramLaunchDelegate:
to Run Protractor (no debug). So you can Run Protractor without installing
JavaScript debugger
 * Webclipse debugger
 * Nodeclipse debugger

Thoses "Tern Debugger" are used too to debug tern plugins (very helpfull to
develop tern plugins with breakpoint)

My next step is to use "Tern Debugger" to start Grunt/Gulp inside
https://github.com/angelozerr/jsbuild-eclipse

When JSDT Debugger launch will be available for node, it will easy to
implement "Tern Debugger" to use it. Please ping me when this launch will
be available, thanks!

Hope you will like it.

Regard's Angelo