On 6/1/06, Rodrigo Julian Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was wondering if there's a way of setting the timeout parameter for the .wait method… I mean, let's say that a page doesn't load in 10 seconds. Could I trap that the .wait method failed after 10 seconds in order to log that?

 I'm doing this because I need to test if a page has been loaded correctly after clicking a link, maybe there's a easier form of checking this..

If all you want to do is verify how long it took to load a page, you can do this:

  ie.link(:name, "foo").click
  assert( ie.down_load_time < 10)

I have actually been thinking of adding a timeout to the wait method, but i'm not sure your situation really needs it.

Bret

P.S. I have my doubts about McMahon's suggestion.