On 8/3/06, Bret Pettichord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Did we get any closure on this issue? Danny? Has any one else confirmed
> Chris's results?

My working hypothesis is that Danny's server only has Basic Auth in
place for the first outer document presented to the user, while my
server has Basic Auth in place for every document on the server.

Therefore the goto() hack works for Danny by accident, but I showed
that goto() does not and will not emulate IE behavior when the user
actually fills in a Basic Auth popup manually.  The description of the
behavior on my blog page still holds:
http://chrismcmahonsblog.blogspot.com/2006/05/internet-explorer-basic-authorization.html

So it's a nice hack to know about if you have Basic Auth in place for
only one document, but it won't Do What You Mean if you stick it in
Watir generally.

-Chris