  From: Paul Rogers
  To: wtr-general@rubyforge.org
  Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 8:41 AM
  Subject: Re: [Wtr-general] Watir with Ajax

  IE7 introduced some new properties to show when ajax requests were completed.
I can take a look and see how useful those wuld be.

  would something like the following make more sense?

  # button click causes ajax request
  ie.button(:name , 'ff').click

  # wait for ajax request to finish
  ie.wait_for_ajax_requet_to_finish

  ie.select_list(..).exist?  # returns true hopefully

  or should the existing wait methods be extended to encompass ajax
functionality?

  Paul