I'd highly second that. It's small simple and breaks you out where you
want to be to inspect your current state through irb. It's been dropped and
ruby-debugger is the newer project, but since I haven't had a need for much
else, I haven't looked at ruby-debugger yet. The ruby eclipse plugin also
has debugging facilities, but since I don't run through Eclipse but by
command line, I can't say too much about it, other than it's your basic ide
debugger.

-Charley

On 5/1/07, Bret Pettichord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Željko Filipin wrote:
> For more functionality, see ruby-breakpoint
> (http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-breakpoint/
> <http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-breakpoint/>) or ruby-debug
> (http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-debug/). I have not used them, but
> I have read at this list that ruby-breakpoint can pause and then
> resume ruby script.
I use ruby-breakpoint all the time. I strongly recommend that all Watir
users take a look at this. It is a great tool for debugging scripts. In
my view it is actually what people want when they say they want a
debugger.

Bret