Chris,

Thanks for your suggestions. Comments are inline.

On 5/18/07, Chris McMahon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Clearly this is going to be iterative :)

You don't drink the whole beer at once, right? You iterate until it is done.
:)

If it were me, I would have done

require 'watir'
include Watir  (it's magic anyway, it won't hurt)
ie = IE.new (let people see a blank browser)
ie.goto("http://www.google.com";)

My line of thought is to have as many steps as possible. As you said, at
this point everything is magic anyway. What I would like is to hear from
people that just started using Watir.

Is this

require 'watir'
include Watir  (it's magic anyway, it won't hurt)
ie = IE.new (let people see a blank browser)
ie.goto("http://www.google.com";)

more clear than this?

require 'watir'
ie = Watir::IE.start("http://www.google.com/";)