-------------------------
Via Workers World News Service
Reprinted from the April 19, 2001
issue of Workers World newspaper
-------------------------

"REBELLION AGAINST U.S. ISRAELI TERROR IS JUSTIFIED"
-- Sara Flounders

[Excerpts from the speech by Sara Flounders of the International
Action Center to the April 7 Palestinian Right of Return
demonstration in New York City]

Last November I had the honor to travel to Palestine with a
delegation from the International Action Center and witness
this heroic Intifada. Standing atop a roof in Ramallah we
watched as Apache helicopter gunships--horrific weapons
supplied to the Israelis by the United States government--
fired rockets and shells at civilian neighborhoods,
destroying homes and offices.

Today I look around and can read on so many hundreds of
placards the slogan, "USA Stop Funding Israeli Terrorism."
This slogan goes right to the heart of the relationship
between the U.S. government and Israeli terror.

Last week U.S. President George Bush was embracing the war
criminal Ariel Sharon. And while he embraced Sharon he
demanded that the Palestinian people "stop the violence."

In Gaza I saw Israeli tanks fire rounds of shells at youths
armed only with stones. This terror force has bulldozed
thousands of homes, uprooted tens of thousands of olive
trees and orange trees. It has placed Palestinian cities and
towns under a total lockdown.

Bush really means "stop the resistance" to Israeli terror
and bow down to colonial domination.

President Bush's embrace of Sharon in Washington and the
U.S. veto at the United Nations confirmed once again 52
years of total political, diplomatic, military and financial
support by the United States to the State of Israel. It is
an admission to the world that neither justice nor peace is
on the U.S. agenda.

U.S. domination of the entire Middle East feeds on
instability, war and crisis. U.S. policy is completely
bankrupt and incapable of resolving any social problem.

No peace is possible in Palestine until the totally
justified demands of the Palestinian people for a real state
on contiguous territory, with Jerusalem as its capital and
with the right to return for the almost 5 million
Palestinian refugees and in the Diaspora, is a reality.

- END -

(Copyright Workers World Service: Everyone is permitted to
copy and distribute verbatim copies of this document, but
changing it is not allowed. For more information contact
Workers World, 55 W. 17 St., NY, NY 10011; via e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] For subscription info send message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Web: http://www.workers.org)