The problem is that it should be wxCHECK_VERSION(2,9,4) instead of
2,9,5, assuming that's the version that SetDeviceClippingRegion first
became available. That's the proper fix, IMO.

Thanks, Blair, for pointing this out.

I'm curious if this type of thing is still going to break/frustrate
someone with earlier versions of wxWidgets if my theory is correct that
wxdirect includes the declaration but the conditional compiles don't.  A
lot of people (most?) will try something like this once and if it
doesn't work, they try another package.  Have there been problems in the
past with conditionals in the headers that wxdirect processes?