Hi,

I'm using wxHaskell for some time now and today I try to change wxGTK
2.6 to wxGTK 2.8 on my Ubuntu Gutsy (if that makes difference)

Just before start describing, is anyone using wxGTK 2.8 with wxHaskell?

What I did was:
apt-get install libwxgtk28-dev

In the past I already have done    apt-get install freeglut3-dev

darcs get of the official repository   (today, which have as last patch
the initial wxWidgets 2.8 support)

./configure --with-opengl    (I also tried using the flag --enable-strip
but it took me to the same result)
make
sudo make install
make wx
sudo make wx-install

When I run ghci -package wx e get this:

wxc-gtk2.8.4-0.10.1 (/usr/lib/libwxc-gtk2.8.4-0.10.1.so: undefined
symbol: _ZTV11wxMediaCtrl)

The file /usr/lib/libwxc-gtk2.8.4-0.10.1.so do exists.

I'm using wxHaskell as a library user and I'm completely unaware of its
implementation details (beside it is a layer to wxGTK!).
Is anyone working on this change to wxGTK 2.8 and I could expect a
solution soon?
Can someone give some hints on what to do next to solve this, so that I
can contribute to the project?
It seems, at least to my umble person, that everything related to
wxMediaCtrl is causing problems.

kindest regards
Miguel Vilaça