Hi Miguel,

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 03:09:24 +0900, Miguel Vilaça <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When I run ghci -package wx e get this:

> wxc-gtk2.8.4-0.10.1 (/usr/lib/libwxc-gtk2.8.4-0.10.1.so: undefined
> symbol: _ZTV11wxMediaCtrl)
>
> The file /usr/lib/libwxc-gtk2.8.4-0.10.1.so do exists.

This is my mistake that wx-config doesn't specify wxMediaCtrl's library
for any case, and wxc causes linking error problem from wxMediaCtrl class
and methods.

I send patch for it by previous mail.
Pleas apply below patch.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.wxhaskell.general/425

> I'm using wxHaskell for some time now and today I try to change wxGTK
> 2.6 to wxGTK 2.8 on my Ubuntu Gutsy (if that makes difference)
>
> Just before start describing, is anyone using wxGTK 2.8 with wxHaskell?

And I think we also have other problems when using wxGTK 2.8.
We can build wxHaskell using wxWidget 2.8, but we can't run program by that.

http://www.mail-archive.com/wxhaskell-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00327.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/wxhaskell-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00322.html

So if you can't fix all problem by above patch, please report that.

> I'm using wxHaskell for some time now and today I try to change wxGTK
> 2.6 to wxGTK 2.8 on my Ubuntu Gutsy (if that makes difference)
>
> (snip)
>
> Just before start describing, is anyone using wxGTK 2.8 with wxHaskell?
> I'm using wxHaskell as a library user and I'm completely unaware of its
> implementation details (beside it is a layer to wxGTK!).

Unfortunately, wxWidget 2.8 support isn't stable now.
I want to slove that problem ... but I'm busy to find where causes problem ....

So I recommend use wxGTK 2.6, if you want use wxHaskell soonly.

Best Regards,

--
shelarcy <shelarcy    hotmail.co.jp>
http://page.freett.com/shelarcy/