Daniel Carrera <dcarr...@gmail.com> writes:

>  A year ago I wanted to experiment with wx and I first went to wxPerl.
> But the website gave me the impression that the project was largely
> unmaintained (e.g. most recent docs were many years old).

wxPerl is alive and kicking, under full development and maintenance.
Okay, I agree the web site is a bit outdated...

> If wxPerl had recent documentation, I would not have needed Padre to
> convince me to try it. I was sure that wxPerl was largely unmaintained
> based on what I saw on the website.

As you found out, it is rather trivial to use the official wxWidgets
docs for wxPerl. Where appropriate, the wxWidgets docs include special
remarks for wxPerl and wxPython. Not everywhere, though, but we can
improve that.

-- Johan