Hmm..,

On 20/05/15 17:49, Steve Cookson - gmail wrote:
If I create a few controls in a dialog, delete the dialog, use $app->Yield for the background processing to take place, I still end up with more Perl objects after the deletion than before.

Well actually, although the count builds up for the first two calls. After the third call, although it says it's loosing 5 pointers per call, it is not, because the total number of pointers remains the same. So I suppose that is OK.

I have switched off my background processing using Wx::Timer and all my memory creep stops. So unless you think the 5 pointers matter (and maybe it doesn't), I'm going to switch to looking at the Wx::Timer background code as potentially a more productive avenue.

Thanks

Steve.