Hi Paul,

On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 23:19 +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:
> thank you for your offer. I would be happy if you could do this. I have
> never worked with GitHub, so I do not know how it is working in detail.

It's easy and we don't need to pay for it! ;)

> Could you please write down your ideas, on what branches you want to
> create and how you want to import the “latest sources”. Will you just
> take the latest tarballs or also the one beforehand?

My plan was to setup v. simple master and staging branches.

Master would contain the code as of today (which I believe to be stable)
and staging would be a fork of this code to which people would be able
to commit.

> If someone wants to contribute a patch, how would she/he do this? Send
> the patch to the list and when it is acknowledged by anyone, you will
> push it? Or is there an “incoming” branch where all patches can be
> pushed to and some people are cherry-picking those to a development
> branch? Sorry for all these questions.

If people have an account on GitHub, they can clone the repo into their
own account, work on it and submit a pull request to pull the code back
into the main staging branch.

This could then be reviewed by the project leaders and merged where
appropriate into the 'master' branch.

Master would then be used to generate all debs/rpms/tar.gz/($other)
files for distribution.

> I would suggest to wait until Monday evening, so people can read up on
> this list when they get back to work and have time to respond. But if it
> is not too much work for you and changes are possible, you could also
> set it up right away and people could comment on that.

Reading the other threads, I am happy to wait until monday (or even
until after the release of Baikal!) before I do anything - whilst I am
happy to help out the community (and hopefully take some of the weight
away from the devs!) I don't want to cause any more upset than there has
been already!

Kind regards,

Matt