Hi guys,

On Di 06 Mär 2012 18:48:12 CET "John A. Sullivan III" wrote:

On Tue, 2012-03-06 at 18:21 +0100, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
- sometimes, I have to resume a session, restart the client, suspend the session and resume it again for it to be usable (first time resuming will just close the
connection to the server), BUT IIRC this happens on Linux, too, so I can't
actually blame the OS X part... (plus, it only happens sometimes. :()

<snip>
I have noticed that problem in Linux.  I think it is an SSH timing
issue.  The connecting, suspending, reconnecting is not actually doing
anything, I believe, except functioning as a rudimentary clock.  If one
just waits five minutes after being abruptly disconnected, all
reconnects fine :( - John

When writing the connection/tunneling code of python-x2go I observed something similar. The problem with port forwarding requests (both reverse or non-reverse) is a situation when (after suspend) the ports do no get closed properly. We always have to make sure to properly cancel port forwarding requests before we disconnect from a SSH session.

Thanks+Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B
mail: mike.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy: