Hi all,

On 16.05.2012 12:21, Stefan Baur wrote:
> Hi Devs (esp. Alex and Mike),
>
> this topic has popped up before, but it seems no one is really tackling
> this (or did I just miss the relevant posts?):
>
> Forwarding of USB devices from the guest to the host.

is anyone interested in working on this issue?

As Moritz already mentioned an implementation based on usbip (server and
client side generic usb forwarding solution) shouldn't be too difficult.
But we might (probably will) need some configuration options exposed to
the ui in of be able to select which devices or device classes should be
forwarded. (We almost don't want mouse, keyboard, tablet and some other
devices to be forwarded.)

I'm afraid to say we don't know about x2go internals and even worse lack
of spare time so we can't work on an implementation ourselves at the moment.

But maybe a kind of sponsorship might speed up the development?

Some pieces of information:

http://code.x2go.org/horde4/whups/ticket/?id=91
http://www.mail-archive.com/x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de/msg00873.html

Michael

--
EDV-Serviceteam Annika & Michael Hierweck GbR
Egerstraße 53, 44225 Dortmund (Germany)