Hi

On Fr 15 Jun 2012 16:30:37 CEST BSmith wrote:

Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel <at> das-netzwerkteam.de> writes:

> The selected theme is ignored. Only the default theme is used (Clearlooks in > this case). When I try to use Openbox to change the them to the theme I want
> (Lubuntu-default) I get an error "an error occurred while saving the
> config file
> '/openbox/lubuntu-rc.xml'.
> Certain applications do not appear in the LXDE application menu.
> Things like the Synaptic Package Manager for example.
> It's like the user does not have proper access permissions when
> logged in via an
> X2Go session.
Please install the package x2goserver-xsession on the server. Does
that solve the reported issues?

I have always installed it so no it does not resolve it. When setting up an X2Go
server I install x2goserver, x2goserver-xsession and x2golxdebindings.

Please check all env variables that get set during local session startup and during X2Go session startup.

Is $DESKTOP_SESSION set? What other differences do you find? The '/openbox/lubuntu-rc.xml' error message alludes that it actually is a relative path with some variable before which is not set in X2Go sessions.

Thanks (+request-for-feedback)
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM