Hi Ted,

On So 16 Sep 2012 19:59:44 CEST  wrote:

Hi All:

Thanks John, Mike.  Thanks for the responses.

1) Apologize, but don't know how to respond to threads other than to write a new email - assume this is the wrong way to do this. May be way we set up our profile? We don't get email responses to questions, and go to archive to retrieve them. Fix this?

Main problem, you post to x2go-dev _and_ x2go-user and you are not subscribed to x2go-user. If people reply on x2go-user, you are not in the list of recipients.

2)  Mike's Response

"Have you read this tutorial? I guess, it still is up-to-date...
http://www.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:advanced:multi-node:x2goserver-printing";

Hi Mike - great suggestion - have seen this tutorial, but didn't occur to us to try it. We're going to spend a bit more time trying to get single node to work, as figure that may come in handy...but think your suggestion is going to be the way for us to go.

Yeah, I thought so...

3)  John's Response

"Does the CUPS server have rights to write to the client's spool
directory? Good luck - John"

c) we get entries in the error_log on the x2go client to x2go server on Vserver guest of: E [16/Sep/2012:16:56:12 +0000] Unable to open listen socket for address ::1:631 - Address family not supported by protocol. E [16/Sep/2012:16:56:13 +0000] Unable to bind broadcast socket - Address already in use.

ahhh... make sure CUPS operates on IPv4. Obviously, there is a problem with IPv6 on your system (maybe disabled?).

Our understanding is that this has to do with IPv6 not working or being set up. However, when we think we disabled IPv6 using "echo 'blacklist ipv6' >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist" the errors disappear but we still can't print. Does this matter?

IPv6 is disabled by this (on Debian/Ubuntu):
echo net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1 > /etc/sysctl.d/disableipv6.conf

Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148