Hi Stéphane,

On Mi 26 Sep 2012 09:15:23 CEST Stefan Baur wrote:

Am 25.09.2012 20:35, schrieb Mike Gabriel:
Dear all,

The X2Go Project is proud to announce a couple of new X2Go component
releases:

  - x2goserver (3.1.1.4)
  - cups-x2go (3.0.0.4)
<snip>

Roughly 75%, if not more, of my servers required manual intervention during that upgrade, prompting me to confirm this:

Setting up cups-x2go (3.0.0.4-0~x2go1+squeeze~main~62~build1) ...

Configuration file `/etc/cups/cups-x2go.conf'
 ==> Deleted (by you or by a script) since installation.
 ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      D     : show the differences between the versions
      Z     : start a shell to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.
*** cups-x2go.conf (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?

What's strange about this is that the machines were are built using the same automated installation script, so these kind of failures should show up either on all or none.

Also, I don't remember deleting that file on any of these machines.
So, if it has always been part of the package, it should always have been there.

On the other hand, if it was introduced at a later date (which would explain why not all of my machines are complaining; the newer ones might already have it), the upgrade script shouldn't complain that it expected a previous version to be there.

Does anyone know what might have caused this?

/etc/cups/cups-x2go.conf has been there for a while...

The commit that changed that conffile is this:
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=cups-x2go.git;a=commitdiff;h=86e725ac8e514d40abcef9db2367be05736d0604

Accepting that change is recommended. Why it occurred on some machines and not on others, I do not know.

May be (just an idea)... The release of cups-x2go has been overdue and the modification to cups-x2go.conf has been in Git (and so in the nightly built packages) for quite a while (half a year apprx.). May it be possible that some of your servers had been set up from the nightly built package archive (ppa:x2go/ppa) within the last half year and some other had been installed from the stable PPA (ppa:x2go/stable)? Those installed from the nightly builds would have been silent during upgrade, the others not...

Just guessing,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM