Hi Tobias,

On Fr 29 Mär 2013 13:39:26 CET "Tobias | x2go-community.org" wrote:

I would like to know how far development for Debian / Wheezy is. I would
like to start documenting for Wheezy as I think this might save some
changes (and maybe errors) later.

All X2Go components are available for Debian wheezy (except x2gognomebindings which is for GNOME2 only).

However, due to recent changes in libcairo, not all GTK based applications are fully functional in X2Go sessions. Same applies for applications / desktop shells that require a recent GLX v8. NX agent ships with GLX v6. Affected by this are the desktop shells Unity in Ubuntu 12.10 and greater and the Cinnamon desktop shell.

Mike told me that TCE was not ready for Wheezy yet, in how far? There is
no release plan @ the roadmap, where can I get these information?

This only means that the chroot of the thinclients has to be in squeeze still. This afternoon I will do some more work on the TCE (contracted project).

So currently, for a TCE environment you install a wheezy based PXE server and on that you install x2gothinclientmanagement from wheezy. The x2gothinclientmanagement provides the command x2gothinclient_create. This command will generate a squeeze based TCE chroot.

If you want some newer Xorg in your TCE chroot feel free to supplement the installed packages with newer versions from squeeze-backports.

Hope that helps,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM