Hello Reinhard,

in central DB different sessions information is stored. For example,
used display numbers and ports. x2gostartagent look in the DB when
assigning display and ports for new sessions. Historical x2ho has only
postgresql support. In postgres version users have access only to his
own entries in sessions table. sqlite support was developed for small
one-server installation wheres installing of postgresql is oversized. To
avoid users modify session data only user "x2gouser" has direct access
to DB. For complex setups with central user administrations you should
use postgresql instead of sqlite.

regards
Alex

Am 14.12.2013 23:26, schrieb Reinhard Tartler:
> Hi,
>
> can someone please remind me again why we need a sqlite database that
> is shared for all users? It allows users to see what other users are
> currently having running sessions, which I frankly don't consider very
> important. It could even be considered a privacy issue.
>
> If there isn't a good reason for a shared database, why don't we have
> x2go users have their own sqlite database in their home directory?
> This would allow to get rid of the x2go user and all suid/sgid
> complexity that comes with it.
>
> Background, I'm trying to have my new employer deploy x2go, and I'm
> currently having trouble to explain this point. I understand that the
> current printing implementation requires the x2goprint user, but
> that's not an issue right now.
>
> Thanks, and greetings from NYC!

Oleksandr Shneyder  | Email: o.shney...@phoca-gmbh.de
phoca GmbH          | Tel. : 0911 - 14870374 0
Bräuhausgasse 9     | Fax. : 0911 - 14870374 9
D-82205 Gilching    | Mobil: 0163 - 49 64 461

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl.-Inf. Oleksandr Shneyder

Amtsgericht München | http://www.phoca-gmbh.de
HRB 196 658         | http://www.x2go.org