Hi,

From my point of view one of the advantadges of RPi is that you can easily deploy new OS images by just replacing the SD card with a different one (all v1 or v2 RPi have basically the same hardware ).

So in general I would just update one of the RPi nodes, check everything works and after that take the SD card to a standard computer and make a dd image of it. Then with that image you can update the SD cards of the rest of RPi.

If you can afford having some extra SD cards then you can just replace one SD card with the updated one.

In case you prefer network updates take into account that the network in the RPi is not especially fast because the NIC is only 100Mbits and the processor is also a limiting factor for the speed if using encrypted transfers (like scp).

Cheers,
Javier