Am 31.05.20 um 23:14 schrieb Ulrich Sibiller:

> In other words: in x2go you always have to select a clever combination
> of link speed and compression while using plain NX you can stick with
> the link speed and use the defaults.
>
> If you only touch the link speed setting you will always get 16m-jpeg.
>
> I am using an own software for connection (which I cannot make public
> for legal reasons) and always stick with the defaults. I was not aware
> of this x2go behaviour. But this might explain why I don't see the
> performance problems I sometimes hear about from other people.
>
> So I consider this a bug.
>
> Developers: what's your opinion about this?

Not a developer, but as the community manager, I would like to throw in
my 0.02€ here as well:

To me, this sounds like we should either change the value of the
compression setting to a new default when the slider is moved by the
user, or display a "recommended compression setting" next to it.

-Stefan

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur