On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 11:35 PM Stefan Baur <x2go-m...@baur-itcs.de> wrote:
> To me, this sounds like we should either change the value of the
> compression setting to a new default when the slider is moved by the
> user, or display a "recommended compression setting" next to it.

I think, x2go should make specifiying the compression optional and
rely on the built-in defaults otherwise. This means not specifiying
compression in the nx options file if the user has not exlicitly
selected a compression.

For existing session configurations I don't see a way to distinguish
if the user selected the compression on purpose or not if the
compression is 16m-jpeg-9.

Uli