Hi Michael,

On  So 25 Jan 2015 14:12:07 CET, Michael DePaulo wrote:

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 3:31 AM, Kristof Hardy
<kristof.ha...@catsanddogs.com> wrote:

Hi Mike,

thanks for the new release. I just updated and looks like I can't connect
anymore.

I get an error on launching my Mate desktop: An unknown error occured during
authentication!
(I'm using pubiuc key authentication and I'm on Win8.1)

It worked fine with the previous version I used:
http://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-win32/pyhoca-gui/previews/0.5.0.0/PyHoca-GUI_0.5.0.0-pre02_win32-setup.exe

Let me know what I can do to get debug logs to you or something? I'm also on
IRC if that's easier. (harkx)

Regards,

Kristof.

I observed the following:

If I configure PyHoca-GUI to use my password-protected key file
(header below), I get the error:
not a valid EC private key file!

If I configure PyHoca-GUI to "Discover SSH keys or use SSH agent for
X2GO authentication", and then launch Pageant and load my
PuTTY-formatted private key into Pageant, I get the error you got:
An unknown error occurred during authentication

Did you do the latter?

Note that I can connect to this server using password authentication.

-Mike#2

if you launch pyhoca-gui with --libdebug from a terminal (msys Git terminal, or cygwin shell), then pyhoca-gui will throw the "unknown" exception on the command line.

It may well be, that the issue is solved in python-x2go 0.5.0.3. But not sure.

Please report back what exact exception is thrown. Can I test pyhoca-gui on the WinBuilder machine?

Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby