Hm... for some reason I did not receive replies to gmail, saw the
response on mail-archive :(

> If you just want to hide entries in Published Application mode, you can
> replace the symlink /etc/x2go/applications with a real directory and
> copy the *.desktop files you want into that.
> Note that users will still be able to run other applications by
> specifying them by name, either in an xterm or in Single Application mode.

> To actually block users from running certain applications, please use
> standard Linux/Unix mechanisms; in other words, chmod and chown are your
> friends. For example, if you want people to be unable to run xterm
> unless they are members of a particular group "newgroup", "chown
> root:newgroup /usr/bin/xterm && chmod 750 /usr/bin/xterm", then add the
> users you want to the group "newgroup": "adduser someuserhere newgroup"

> Adding blocking functionality to X2Go wouldn't make any sense, because
> if you have users that can log in to your server via X2Go, they can just
> as well log in via regular SSH, where an X2Go-only block wouldn't be in
> effect, and wreak havoc from there (even for GUI applications, as the
> users could just redirect their DISPLAY variable to point at their own
> X2Go session running in parallel).

Thanks for reply.
The main intention is to not actually forbid something, but rather to
minimize possible user mistakes. There is a long list of options in
session setup - KDE, GNOME, ... - which we don't plan to install on
the server. But user can choose them and then get an error.
I just want all users to start the custom session script, which will
setup keyboard (unfortunaly x2go cannot do that from server side :()
and run correct session.
Do I understand correctly, that current X2Go client cannot do that?

--
З повагою,
         Михайло