I wrote on Wed, 27 Mar 2019 04:58:50 +0100:

> My question is: How is the Windows client supposed to pass this information
> to the PC, so that the sound client knows how to reach the pulseaudio
> server?

After taking a look at the client sources, the answer should have been easy:
The client passes the required information to the user's ~/.x2go session
directory.

Unfortunately, if shadowSession (local desktop connection, I suppose) is set
(onmainwindow.cpp:5467) this code won't be executed.

So the question is: why?

AFAICS onmainwindow.cpp should not return in line 5467 and I don't see why
the following code wouldn't work with local desktop connections. I'd like
to test this, but I cannot compile a Windows client.

Ingo