Am 28.03.19 um 12:56 schrieb Ingo Brückl:
> Unfortunately, if shadowSession (local desktop connection, I suppose) is set
> (onmainwindow.cpp:5467) this code won't be executed.
>
> So the question is: why?

Because it is a *shadow* session, meant for remote support, so the
assumption is that there is a local user sitting in front of the
physical display, and that should be where sound goes.
Else you would "hijack" the user's sound, and there's probably no way of
restoring them their sound settings once you disconnect the shadow session.

What's the reason why you're so eager to use a shadow session instead of
an actual X2Go session (which would not only have sound and
printing/filesharing support, but which would also be faster than a
shadow session)?

-Stefan

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)