Thanks for quick reply.

Answers to your questions below. I hope it gives some clue. Please let me know
what else I can try.

What version of x2goagent resp. nxagent are you using? dpkg -l nx-libs?

        dpkg -l nx-libs: no packages found <--- this seems strange?

        x2goserver-x2goagent 4.1.0.3-0~1708~ubuntu1 amd64
        nxagent 2:3.5.99.20-0~20190425 amd64

Can you please run xrestop within such a session and check if there are numbers
that are far away from those of a fresh session?

        Nothing out of the ordinary there I think. No processes with high
memory usage.

You probably cannot answer that due to your usage scenario, but
anyway: does this also happen when you do not disconnect/reconnect?

        I'll try to think of a way to test this.

What are you running inside the session?

        No real pattern here for good and bad sessions. Matlab, Python/machine
learning stuff, NVIDIA CUDA-accelerated machine learning programs etc.

—
Johannes Töger

Associate Senior Lecturer
Cardiac MR Group
Department of Clinical Sciences Lund, Clinical Physiology
Lund University, Sweden