Am 08.05.20 um 17:04 schrieb James M. Pulver:
> Trying again to send to list. I kind of wish default reply was reply to list,
> I end up sending just to one user...

This list is following the rules set out in RFC 2369, so it sets a
List-ID header, which, in sane mail clients, causes a "Reply to List"
option to become available when replying.  This RFC is from 1998, so
it's not like it has just been introduced yesterday and mail client
software coders didn't have enough time to support this feature.

Mangling the Reply-To header (which may have been set intentionally by
the original sender) with list software is bad form.

E.g. if you want to post to the list, but want to set the Reply-To to
another list or to your E-Mail address, so replies don't hit the list,
this would be overwritten, pointing at the list again.

This is confusing both for a sender that doesn't expect it, and for
recipients that expect their reply to reach your inbox instead of the
list when intentionally selecting "reply" instead of "reply to list".

We're using manually set Reply-To headers as a replacement for
"Follow-Up-To" (a header only available on newsgroups), when
crossposting announcements across multiple X2Go lists, but wish to
channel the ensuing discussion to only one of the lists.  So having the
list server set to override this would be bad.

And I think I also used it with a Reply-To set to my personal inbox for
the X2Go: The Gathering registration E-Mails.  At least it makes sense
for these - people probably don't want to post their personal details to
the list when they want to sign up for the event.

TL;DR: Please complain to the manufacturer of your E-Mail client, or
switch to a different E-Mail client, if it can't handle list replies the
way it should.

-Stefan

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)