On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 3:04 AM h i <qpile...@outlook.com> wrote:
> I ran a few tests and see the issue is GUI related in our case. It seems to
> speak to the 2nd reason for sleep you described regarding the sending of
> pixmaps.
>
> I ran two MATLAB scripts. Both including the same steps. However, 1 script
> suppressed pop-windows tracking the script status. The 2nd script did not
> suppress the pop-up windows displaying

What gui toolkit is matlab using?

> real-time status. The 1st script involving command lines ran in the same
> amount whether the session was active or suspended. No reduction of time or
> CPU usage. The 2nd script took much longer and CPU was reduced significantly
> while the session was suspended.
>
> A few questions:
>
> for X2GO_NXOPTIONS="sleep=0", what does 0 represent in time. If I set the
> value to 1000, what would that mean?

This defines how long nxagent should sleep. The unit should be
microseconds but there's a ticket for doublechecking that because it
looks like a mixup happened during implementation
(https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs/issues/928).

> Is the idle-nice-level=19 for suspended sessions the default setting?

As I said I don't know the superreniver feature in detail.

> Would the supernicer setting override the x2goagent sleep option setting?

no, they are two different things.

> What would be an example command for the -irlimit option in x2goagent.options
> file.

see https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs/issues/796

Uli