Hello!

I hope, I can find some help here.
I started once setting up x2goserver in a LXC container
on a remote host and this, in some way, worked so far
(except for using webbrowsers, which have only horrible
performance and no sound) and even consoles have the
right layout.

Then I could not find an ytime to continue.
Now, I setup x2goserver on thre computers, means,
direcly like usually on the hardware (x2go: 4.1.0.3-4).
All my boxes running debian10, kernel 5.10 running xfce,
english setup, using a german keyboard layout.

Shockingly, the keyboards are all wrong and unusable,
there is, most prominent, no pipe character (and others
are missed too, like the navigations keys, <alt-gr>, <del>
but umlauts are correkt!). If you press <alt-gr> a beep
ist issued.
This happens to x-consoles as gui progs!
XRDP, on the other hand, worked as before.

I was unable to find documentation, which points out
how this all works, how keyboard/maps are done by default
on client and server, how this is initialized or how
this could be changed and on which side (or a full
shortcut reference). I tried to modify the settings
on the client-gui (4.1.2.2 ) session configuration,
but no variant (like "de-de") has influence at all.

Thanks any way,
Manfred