 From: Ulrich Sibiller [mailto:ul...@gmx.de]
 To: <web...@manfbraun.de>
 Cc: x2go-user@lists.x2go.org
 Sent: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 21:06:30 +0200
 Subject: Re: [X2Go-User] Big problem with keyboard/layout

 This is most likely because your desktop environment (xfce) is setting
the keyboard itself AFTER x2go does.

x2go determines the keyboard using this or a similar command and
passes the keyboard to the other side where it calls setxkbmap
(there's also an option to let x2goagent do all this itself without
setxkbmap, see man nxagent; but for this problem it will probably not
help). If the desktop environment kicks it AFTER the x2go setting will
be gone.

You can check by running setxkbmap -query both INSIDE the session and locally.

And you can fix it (temporarily) by running INSIDE the session
"setxkbmap -model ... - layout ... -rules ... -variant ... -option
..." based on the values from your local setxkbmap. (leave out
parameters your setxkbmap -query does not print).

You can also run an test session where you just specify xterm as your
"desktop environment". I am pretty sure the keyboard will be correct
then.

Can you confirm?

Uli