Thank you for your prompt reply!!!

Please, find my answers below

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 10:57 AM Ilaria Sani <ilaria.s...@unige.ch> wrote:
> I have used it successfully for a couple of weeks.
>
> Then, once, I got the following error message while attempting login
> (windows10):
>
> Failed to start X2Go Agent session with ID xxxxxxx. X2Go Agent terminated
> unexpectedly. Aborting session startup.
>
> I tried to
>
> restart PC
> unistall-reinstall
> delete session-recreate session
> exit putty-re-entering
>
> I have no more attempts to do.
>
> I have used other clients before, and for one of those this sometimes would
> happen.

Sometime vcxsrv crashes and leaves the remote x2goagent in a bad state
which results in another crash of vcxsrv on reconnect. The only way to
fix that is to kill the remote session (the remote x2goagent process)
and start a new one. From your text it is unclear if you have tried
that.

I did the following in the x2go GUI: Session-session management-terminate
session
I also uninstall and re-install X2go, but the crashed session was still there.

> What I was doing was to -kill geometry in putty and then re-do one.

What do you mean by that?
I was using a command line in putty terminal that would kill anything pending
and then I was re-configuring the geometry upon the next re-start.
I do not remember exactly what the command line was about, but I remember it
was using -kill and -geometry flag.
Sorry I wish I could be more specific. Anyway I was using TightVNC and not
X2go. Likely it does not applies.

> Is there something similar I can do here?

You can try to use mobaxterm to connect to your server and see if you
can run "x2goagent :1" there.  If that does not work, that's the
reason for the connection problems. If  it works, then we need to
search the problem elsewhere.

I cannot use mobaxterm, because my institution (and relative cluster I am
trying to connect to) only supports X2go.

> I tried to visualize the Archive of this mailing list but I could not find a
> way to search previous posts.

https://lists.x2go.org/pipermail/x2go-user/

<https://lists.x2go.org/pipermail/x2go-user/>I had seen the list of Archived
posts (https://lists.x2go.org/pipermail/x2go-user/).
I started searching by clicking on the first Thread or Subject, then the
second, third, and so on...
I was wondering is there was a way to visualize them all in a long list so that
one can ctrl-F keywords.

Thank you again for your kind support.

Ilaria