I originally submitted a detailed bug report at the Mate Desktop issues Github page here https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-desktop/issues/553.

I subsequently discovered that other desktops are similarly affected. All of them experienced segfaults or kernel traps in parts of their components, particularly in the Marco window manager that Mate uses.

I have also tried Gnome, Kde, xfce, Cinnamon & Icewm desktops, again on a Centos Stream 9 system. Similar results were found on an Alma 9 system so I do not believe the problem is specific to the 'upstream' / lesser-tested nature of CS9.

Apart from Icewm which remained usable even with the segfaults, the other desktops (particularly Mate which we use a lot for remote working) are rendered unusable by this problem. None of our Centos 7 systems have this problem.

I am running out of ideas to diagnose/fix this problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Tom Crane

X2go etc. packages version details (as installed from Epel 9 repository),
        nxagent-3.5.99.26-6.el9.x86_64
        nx-libs-3.5.99.26-6.el9.x86_64
        x2goagent-4.1.0.3-17.el9.x86_64
        x2goserver-4.1.0.3-17.el9.x86_64
        x2goserver-common-4.1.0.3-17.el9.noarch
        x2goserver-xsession-4.1.0.3-17.el9.noarch