At 02:44 PM 10/16/2001 -0700, you wrote:
The apache license doesn't have an advertising clause it has an acknowledgment clause. This is an important difference, because it just means credit must be given in the documentation somewhere, it doesn't mean it has to be made more public then that. Are you maybe confusing it with the BSD license or is there a new Apache license that I am unaware of?

Sorry, should have been more meticulous with my choice of words... I was viewing the requirement to acknowledge as a form of advertising for xmldb. I like acknowledging great products when I use them in my own projects... just don't like being required to do so. The newest Apache license has removed the acknowledgement clause to my knowledge and I was wondering whether xmldb was going to as well (I know everyone is busy writing the code and it may have been overlooked<g>)

Thanks, Kevin