On Fri, 21 May 2010, Guy Story KC5GOI wrote:

I am sure this has been covered but I do not see it in the wiki right now.
I have follow the wiki on getting 1.9.9 installed on Ubuntu 10.04 and it ran
like a charm.  I want to be able to take a course map that has been created
as a jpeg, or gif and turn that into a map I can use in Xastir.  I do this
in WinAPRS all the time but I am trying to get way from WinAPRS since it has
not been updated in a long time and Xastir is ongoing.  WinAPRS uses a GIF
as the image and I have to create points to tie the image so it can place
stations on that map.  Can someone walk me through that for Xastir?

README.MAPS, the section titled:  ".geo files/online maps &
graphics:" has a bit of info.  Look in your Xastir directories for
this file.

Also Xastir->Help->Help Index->Map files and WX Counties has more
info about GEO file contents.

We also have some scripts for converting from UI-View and
OziExplorer files to Xastir .geo files.

--
Curt, WE7U.                         <http://www.eskimo.com/~archer>
   APRS:  Where it's at!                    <http://www.xastir.org>
  Lotto:  A tax on people who are bad at math. - unknown
Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates. - WE7U.
The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!"
_______________________________________________
Xastir mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.xastir.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xastir

Reply via email to