I have been trying to get Xastir to get weather data from my Davis Vantage
Pro2 without success.

I am using Xastir setup on Linux Mint 18.3.

My console has a solid wireless data connection with the Pro2, displaying
current weather data.

For the data connection between Xastir and the Davis Vantage Pro2 console I
have tried:

(1) an older (circa pre-2008) WeatherLink USB Data Logger
(2) the serial-port #6540 WeatherLink APRS Data Logger
(3) the serial-port #6510 WeatherLink Data Logger

>From my review of this email list's archive, the #6510 serial-port Data
Logger should work as it provides data to the serial port without being
promoted. This eliminates the need for using the meteo and mysqldb work
around.

I have had no success establishing a link between the console and Xastir to
display the console's weather data. I have tried using the serial ports on
my computer as well as using a USB-to-serial adapter. Nothing has worked.

Can anyone provide specific directions or instructions to enable Xastir to
receive data from my Vantage Pro2 console?

Thank you for your assistance,
Scott