> Im trying to add shapelib via the instructions and get this error in 'make
> lib':
>
> /usr/bin/ld -G -h libshp.so.1 -o .libs/libshp.so.1.0.1   shpopen.lo
> shptree.lo dbfopen.lo  -lc
> dbfopen.lo: In function `DBFReadAttribute':
> /cygdrive/c/Documents and
> Settings/jmohler/src/shapelib/shapelib-1.2.10/dbfopen.c:716: undefined
> reference to `__getreent'
> /cygdrive/c/Documents and
> Settings/jmohler/src/shapelib/shapelib-1.2.10/dbfopen.c:724: undefined
> reference to `__getreent'
> make: *** [lib] Error 1

That's documented in the HowTo:Windows file and in the README.win32 file
from which it's based.

Scan down to where it says:

[ ] Edit Shapelib's Makefile to remove the space after the "-h" on the line
that looks like this:

It specifically mentions that issue.
---
I did that, with and without the space in there, same error, but the
readme calls out a different undefined reference.  It mentions
impure_ptr, my error is different (getreent) and that doesnt grep in
the source anywhere.