On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Dana Rawding wrote: > I just updated via cvs and built with no problem on OS X v. 10.4.8 on Intel. > I'll try on PPC later.
So did you pass any flags to configure, and did configure pick up some packages automatically that were installed into /opt/local or /sw? > A question, if rtree is now considered stable (above the line?) why is it not > enabled by default? Well, _I_ consider it pretty stable and I usually enable it, but there's a price to be paid for using it. It uses more memory, plus the first time you bring up a map it takes longer (succeeding accesses may be faster depending on how zoomed in you are on the maps). It might be best enabled by users if they think there's an advantage to using it. If most people want it enabled we can certainly change the default. > Also, to an earlier question you are correct, fink's > location is /sw and MacPorts (f/k/a DarwinPorts) is /opl/local. No need for > /opt as far as OS X is concerned. Good info. There may be a good reason to look in /opt for others though, but I think it's usually /opt/packagename we'd need to look in, so that may be a bit hard to do. -- Curt, WE7U. archer at eskimo dot com http://www.eskimo.com/~archer Lotto: A tax on people who are bad at math. - unknown Windows: Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates. - WE7U. The world DOES revolve around me: I picked the coordinate system!" _______________________________________________ Xastir mailing list [email protected] http://lists.xastir.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xastir
