Had a few problems with my APRS rig on this weekend's balloon chase. All have been attributed to pilot error and yet another faulty Belkin USB hub (which I guess could also be considered pilot error, since it's the third time I've been bitten by a Belkin hub, but we won't go there).

Xastir didn't do a lot to help me troubleshoot, though. I goofed entering the device special file name for the TNC serial port, but all I got was "ERROR" in the interface status and the standard "error opening interface X: hard fail" on the tty.

Could we maybe add at least errno, or even better the message associated with errno, when something fails? A popup would be nice, but I could certainly live with it getting to the tty.

I'm posting here first before filing a feature request in case the information is already there and I'm overlooking it.

-Jason
kg4wsv