On 6/10/07, Rick Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007, EarlNeedham via Kubuntu wrote:

> I like to use the WMSradar map when the weather get rough out here, but
I have
> a slight problem with it -- I don't see any landmarks, towns, etc.  I
see
> other APRS stations on the map, and unless I can see one that I
recognize, I
> have no way of knowing where the cells are.  Is there a way to add, say,
> Tiger maps at a low level to the weather maps?

Yes, that's what I do  with USRadar.geo.  Place tigermap.geo at a low
level, say 10, and the radar at a higher level, say 50.
   If you're using the kubuntu repository version of xastir, you'll have
edit the radar .geo file to set the transparent falue to black instead of
white, or you won't see the tiger map underneath it.  That seems to be
fixed in the latest stable tarball.

I got the WMSradar to overlay the Tigermaps by setting the radar map to a
higher layer - worked great.  Besides the layer settings, what do the other
settings in the map chooser properties mean?  [Filled (yes/no/auto),
automaps (yes/no), and USGS DRG (yes/no/auto)]

Thanks,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX