James Ewen wrote:
The best thing anyone can do for their local RF network is user
education. Teach people that long paths are not required. Get them to
reduce thier impact on the local network, and more people will be able
to play, as well as the network reliability will increase. It's a
tough job, but it needs to be done everywhere.

James
VE6SR
You are correct on all of your statements, especially on the above. I have seen some mobiles that are set up for 5 repeats, or hops as I call them. One that I know of is using a 30 watt transmitter sending the signal from a tinytrack. My wife's car uses a TT3, with a Kenwood set at 1 to 2 watts out. She usually gets clobbered by the high power stuff. I run 5 watts, but only because the radio I am using won't go lower than that. I still get covered up in town.

Steve/WM5Z