Well, I've got the cabling worked out, and an interface configured. Xastir says the interface is UP, and view/own wx data is showing numbers.

So I've made some considerable progress, but I'm still not quite there:

xastir is reporting '360' for wind direction all the time. I'm running xastir 1.8.2 on that machine, just in case a later release changed this behavior.

Xastir shows the station type as 'Ultimeter 2000', when what I have is a Ultimeter 500. This shouldn't be a problem, since the Peet bros website described the data format as pertaining to the 'U100, U800 & U2000', or basically everything except the Ultimeter II.

I don't have barometric, rain, or Humidity sensors. Is there a way they can be represented as 'not present' rather than zeroes?

I actually have two instances of xastir running here. In the house on my desktop, I'm running 1.7.1 with a connection to an internet server, and the local server port enabled. In the hamshack in the garage, I have the 1.8.2 instance. That's the one that has the wx station connected, and it gets its aprs-is feed from the 1.7.1's server port. On the office desktop, I'm seeing the 'wx' symbol, and 'station info' tells me it is seeing the packets on its interneet -2 port, which I'm guessing is the internal server port. However, the station info dialog does not contain any wx info. Ultimately, I would like to see the wx data not only on the office machine, but I would like them gated to the aprs-is as well. Where should I be looking to track this one down?

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin