Many thanx, Curt...........

I am using Xastir on openSUSE 10.2.

I have been able to put in the CAD polygons, but the labels are yellow text on a gray background and them seem to be small and blend into the topo map details. Putting them in, however, is a snap! I was looking for a why to shade the areas that were of current interest ( high POS or new Intel) or shading sectors that have hit a high POD and no long of search interest.

The mouse pointer menu has the Area Object with lots of options including bright colors and fills..... I can put in various things, but not an object that covers are particular area. Maybe I am thinking of this incorrectly. How are these Area Objects different from the CAD Polygons? No matter what I do, the object appears as a red dot with a title.

I am interested in use the indicators on the local screen only, so it is probably a moot point... just use CAD Polygons.

What would be really cool is if the CAD polygons and signposts could pull data from a cell in OOCalc, for example!!!! and then with conditional formating, when values hit thresholds, they could change the appearance and information in the object.